Friday, April 29, 2016

Hey God, It's Me

Hey God,

It's me, your daughter. I come to you after taking 3 out of 4 finals. I know we've talked a lot this week, but we haven't really talked in awhile, so here I am. For the past week or so there have been a lot of short prayers sent up from me to You. Quite a few quick prayers for exams or patience or focus, and at least 30 Hail Mary's. I know that our nightly talks have been short and have been about the same every night this week, me asking for guidance, knowledge, and strength alongside the normal prayers for my family, friends, and future. It's the prayer of a college kid. I'm sorry our talks have been so short and uninteresting, but that's why I'm here right now. I'm here to talk.

Let me begin by apologizing. I'm sorry. I'm the first to admit that my track record for Mass attendance has been dismal this semester, and I'm sorry. There have been too many nights that I stayed out too late and didn't make Mass the next morning, but I will try to do better. There have been many times lately that I've said something wrong or mean or didn't think before I spoke and I'm sure it's hurt you, and I'm sorry. There have been times that my actions have not been Christ-like and I have not lived like a child of God and I'm sorry. I will do better. Part of being human means that I will inevitably sin and do wrong, but being your daughter means that I also am forgiven and for that I can never be thankful enough. I am not worthy of your endless mercy and love, but I can spend every day trying my hardest to be.

All week I've been asking you for this or that, help me on this exam, help me get through this day, help me have patience with people, but now I'm asking you to use me. Use me to reach others. Use me to be a messenger. Use me to spread your word. Help me to do something for you, and give back. Send me out into the world with purpose and let me serve you.

xoxo,
B
"Only fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things he has done for you." 1 Samuel 12:24



No comments:

Post a Comment