Saturday, February 6, 2016

Here's to College

Well guys, it's Saturday night. I've got the anthem of the night playing in the background already (Friends), a bag of tortilla chips and salsa, and a juice box because let's face it I'm really a child in a 19 year old's body. The semester has hit hard at this point and it's been a long week of studying, so
here's to a night of me.

College is great. It changes your whole life really. There are good days, and there are bad. There are days you feel like you can conquer anything, and days you feel like nothing worse can happen. You meet incredible people. You maybe even get to see new places. That being said I have an announcement!!

I AM GOING TO SPAIN. THIS SUMMER.

I could not be more excited! I will be studying for 6 weeks in Granada, Spain from June-July. This is something I never could have imagined doing, but am so ecstatic about. I may have mentioned before, but if not, I am minoring in Spanish. This will be an amazing experience to improve my language skills.

Back to the post about college though. I'm sure you're wondering why a 19 year old college kid is laying on her couch contently on a Saturday night watching a 90s sitcom. It's because 1) I love Joey, Chandler, Rachel, Ross, Phoebe, and Monica and 2) because sometimes in college you need a break.
I love people, but sometimes I need to be alone for a night to just think and be with me. Since I came to college I realized what it means to be an individual. In college, you don't have anyone telling you what to do or what's cool or how you should act; you just do your own thing. I have made incredible friends that I never could've made in high school. I have so many memories that I have made here and I love it. Even the weeks that I have 3 tests and homework and a writing assignment due, it's not so bad. I power through it and make it to the weekend. College makes you sad and cry and sometimes you kinda wanna hide under your covers all day, but some days it makes you so happy and you wonder how you got here. My favorite thing to do walking across campus is to just look around and take things in (if it's a nice day).

College is a place to discover you. Do what you want. Do what makes you happy. You're the only one who can. The days you think you just can't do it anymore, just keep going. Put one foot in front of the other and keep going. It'll get better eventually, it may be tomorrow or next week or next month, but it will get better. I promise.

Until next time friends,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment